Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life Happens

Hello! I'm sure you've all been wondering what in the world has happened to me! No, I'm not dead or even sick. To put it simply, Life Happened!

I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that my schedule was going to start getting very full soon. Well, soon has arrived! This past week has been just about the craziest of my life. Normally I would chalk that up as a good thing; I love hustle and bustle and being smack in the middle of everything. And though it certainly hasn't been bad, this past week has definitely run me ragged.

(Am I making any sense?)

Let me give you an idea of my week.
        Monday (the12th): Our first Good News Club meeting! I was so nervous about this because we'd had some bumps in the road before so I was anxious to do it just right! Thankfully it went very smoothly and everyone was happy.
      
         Tuesday: I taught two piano lessons. I enjoy those so much. I have only recently discovered a passion for teaching that I never knew I had, and not just music lessons either!
       
         Wednesday: One of the craziest days of the crazy week! At 8:30 in the morning we left to meet friends at the lake and spent the early afternoon tubing and skiing. 
(There are not many things on my list of pleasures that top riding in the bow of a boat. It combines my love of colors and nature and sky and water and wind all in one delightful experience.)
At about 3 o'clock we had to rush home to get ready for AWANA that evening. It was another hectic night, but it was still great! I look forward to Wednesday nights as the highlight of my week.
         
        Thursday: I woke up early to walk with a friend. It was good to get some exercise and talk. I had planned to visit another family but after my fast-paced day before I really needed just one day to stay home and chill. It was delightful.
        
         Friday: I spent the day shopping with my mom and younger sister. We really get crazy when we're together; those two bring out the silly side of me.

          Saturday: I woke up at 6AM to go to the AWANA training conference. It was long, but fun to hang out with fellow AWANA  leaders.

            Sunday: This Sunday was Celebration Sunday! Every third Sunday in September we celebrate our church's anniversary! It is a wonderful day full of music, fellowship and food! My family partners with another family to organize the meal part of the day. 
This year we had the privilege of having the Peach State Quartet come sing for us! I didn't get to sit in for all of it, I had to go help prepare for the meal, but what I did hear was simply beautiful.

So maybe you can understand my prolonged absence and if you can't well, I'm sorry! Truly, I am sorry to fall behind like this. Not just for you, but for me! I like keeping up this blog, thinking up interesting posts, practicing my blogging skills (or lack thereof). *wink*

Thank you for your patience with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment