Monday, July 11, 2011

What I've Been Learning About...

Waiting on God.

Waiting is not about inaction.

 Waiting is about preparation.

It’s about learning about God.
           Seeking God.  
           Strengthening my relationship with Him.
           Building the foundation for living the rest of my life.
           Studying the Bible.
           I am learning to ask God what He wants to teach me instead of struggling against His restraints.

 It’s about worshiping God.
            Humbling myself and focusing on Him alone.
            Learning to make anytime worship-time.
            Trusting Him fully while I wait.
            Praising Him and enjoying His presence.
            God has been reminding me not to forget to worship. Waiting isn't all about sitting quietly with my hands folded...

 Waiting does not require silence.
            ...Waiting is all about my relationship with God. Communication is vital.
            I have learned not to be afraid to talk to God about anything. It's okay to tell God when I'm afraid, angry, or confused; God knows about it already and He delights in me pouring out my heart to Him. (Psalm 62:8)



I am just beginning to realize how vastly important this period of waiting is for my life. It has been hard to sit and wait while watching my friends move on and actively pursue their dreams. 
Still, I am learning so, so much! Even the desert-times have been rich with blessing. God is being faithful to love me, teach me and grow me. 


I am so grateful right now; even though I know more times of fear and trouble are ahead, I am certain in this moment that God will carry me through them and continue perfecting the image of Christ in me.


For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you [and me!] will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6

2 comments:

  1. Jenna, I am so glad I read this, it just sums up alot of things that I've been thinking about and praying about but have been unsure how to put into words. It's good to know I have another sister in Christ who is in the same boat as me and praising through it all. <3
    -Sable

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post! As you know, I am going through some similar stuff and was encouraged by this post! Thank you!

    Sarah Belle

    ReplyDelete