Thursday, March 29, 2012

Trip to D.C.

I'm back from D.C.! It was an amazing trip and I enjoyed every single moment of it. Here are a few of the highlights:

The D.C. Metro: It reminded me of being in Moscow. :)


The Library of Congress: The detail in the architecture was astounding.

The Holocaust Museum: Very well done, terribly sad.

Ford's Theatre: The box Lincoln was shot in. ( I was terribly disappointed however to learn that the building had been completely gutted and turned into an office building at one point; this means that the whole interior of the theater is a mere replication.)
The Jefferson Memorial



The cherry blossoms were in!!!! Cherry blossoms are my absolute favorite so I was very excited to see those.

I took quite a few pictures of these! :)



Our hotel room balcony had a fantastic view!
There were so many amazing things we saw but weren't able to take pictures of (or I didn't have room to post about):
 ~The Magna Carta
~The Declaration of Independence
~The Constitution
~Abraham Lincoln's top hat
~Stradivarii violins
~The Star Spangled Banner
~Charles Ingalls' request for a land grant
~A fragment from the Wright brothers' original hangar
~John Adams' chess set
~An original Da Vinci painting
~$1,000,000 in ten dollar bills
~The changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
~A Gutenburg Bible
~Shoes from Holocaust victims
~A piece of the moon. . .
Like I said, so many amazing things!

3 comments:

  1. Yup, you had a great trip! D.C. not being the biggest attraction, though..... (smirk)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT pictures. :) Though you did not post any of you "guys" while there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth took those; you'll have to ask her. :D

      Delete