Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ready or Not

When I got on blogger this morning I wasn't planning to write a post. I got on, simply to catch up on the blogs I follow and log off. But after reading THIS post I knew I had to share it with you.

It spoke straight to my heart. Because, I am not ready. This year is bringing big changes (among them my 20th birthday!) and though I have finally learned not to cringe at change, I don't always welcome it with open arms either. Sometimes I just want to pause life so I can bustle around cleaning up the mess. And sometimes God graciously allows me that time to process change and take a deep breath before the next one comes. But then there are also times when they come down like ocean waves on me and I sputter and thrash, fighting every one.

God I'm not ready. Just wait please, let me get ready.

But God doesn't need me to be ready in my own eyes. He knows best when I am ready and I am learning to trust His timing.

And so, today my heart is echoing what Katie said:

"This new season looms and I don't know what is next. But He doesn't need me to be ready for this season because He is ready. He just needs me to be clinging to His feet."

No comments:

Post a Comment