Monday, November 28, 2011

Missing Rainbows?

Today when we got home from Good News Club we discovered this radiant rainbow, the biggest one I've ever seen!



Genesis 9:16

And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.


Every time I see a rainbow it makes me wonder if it was placed there just for me. :)


 I read a true story once about a teenage girl who was going through a difficult time and happened to read the story of the rainbow in Genesis. She cried out to God, "Where is my rainbow?" and the very next day there was the most brilliant rainbow she had ever laid eyes on, right outside her window.


I always thought that was one of the sweetest stories I had ever heard of. And it makes me wonder, what rainbows am I missing in my life? Are there little assurances of God's promises that He leaves in my path and I have failed to notice?


What do you think?

1 comment: